This year’s theme focusses on the creative part of UX research. UX research is a ﬁeld born in academia, but most UX researchers work in the creative ﬁeld functioning as a bridge between technology and people. In our increasingly fast and agile working environments we need to be even more creative to deliver solid research.
We aim to provide an open environment, where we can learn from fellow user researchers and be inspired.
Call For Participation (now open! – Nov 30th)
We heartily invite people involved in UX/User/Design research from around the world to present their work showcasing creativity in user research. If you are not an experienced speaker but feel that your work might benefit the UX Research community, please feel invited to submit your idea. We are happy to offer some form of coaching.
We are seeking proposals for the following lengths: 45 min (only for Keynotes), 30 mins, lightening talks and workshops (3h).
For all submissions please use our Papercall.io submission form.
Choose your topic
This year’s theme focusses on the creative part of UX research. We would like to hear stories of researchers who have tried new things, who did something different, have a new perspective on research and would like to share their learnings with the rest of the community.
Here’s a suggested list of topics (but please be creative and suggest your own ;-)).
- Challenges in working together with other disciplines;
- The role of researchers in empowering creatives;
- How to be agile and effective at the same time;
- Work with limited budget and/or resources;
- Creative ways of knowledge sharing.
- Talks on new research methods;
- Examples of using mixed-methods;
- How to deal with difficult to reach target groups;
- Being creative in recruitment.
- What makes a good analysis;
- Research as a craft;
- What is the role of intuition in research;
- Examples of (lack of) validity and reliability in practice.
Presentation of results:
- Examples of new forms of output (e.g. presentation, visualisation);
- How to share results with impact.